Monday, January 29, 2007

Blog 1

Learning Japanese has been a wonderful experience for me since I've been wanting to learn Japanese long time ago. But even though learning a new language is fun, I think sometimes it is frustrating that I would easily forget a hiragana or a vocab. Maybe there is a good method for memorization that I don't know about. Learning how to write hiragana properly has been a bit of trouble for me too because of the strokes, but only then I realize that hiragana is a set of beautiful characters. Maybe the red book can include some exercises that would help us memorizing hiragana. In class exercises have been very helpful and interesting. I really enjoy going to class.

2 comments:

satoza said...

こんにちは!

I totally understand how you feel. When I learned English, I asked my teacher a very silly question:

Me: "Are there any ways to convert a Japanese word into English?"

Teacher: "What do you mean?"

Me: "For example, ringo (apple in Japaese) is apple, right? So
ri=a, n=pp, go=le or ri=ap, n=pl, go=e?"

Teacher: "Oh, I see. Ringo is apple. You just have to memorize it."

Me: "Oh, that means I need to memorize all words that exist in English"

Teacher: "Yes."

At that moment, I thought it is impossible for me to learn English. But now I live in the United States and writing a dissertation in English!

As for Hiragana, why don't we talk about it in class. I will ask students in class how they memorized hiragana... I might forget to ask, so please remind me... :)

じゃ、また。

sawaranran said...

はじめまして。にほんごTAのsawaranranです。

You might find it a little difficult to memorize the strokes of hiragana and kanji in the beginning; I'm sure it will get easier for you as you keep practicing, so don't worry too much :-) In the future, you might even have an opportunity to learn Japanese calligraphy.